Municipal CodeBack To Title List | Chapter List | Section List
19.01.225 Development agreements.
The City Council, upon recommendation of the Planning Commission, is hereby authorized to enter into development agreements with individuals and/or entities. The City Council may require a development agreement for any annexation application, rezone application, development, rehabilitation, reconstruction, or placement of improvement upon any property, for which a permit would be required, for the purpose of:
(1) Protecting the health, welfare, and safety of the citizenry;
(2) Addressing proposed projects, and the impacts of such projects, which may not have been contemplated by the Code;
(3) Addressing issues of the density of developments when required to balance competing interest;
(4) Refining uses within the development in furtherance of the General Plan when considering neighboring properties;
(5) Resolving issues regarding unique features or challenges confronting development;
(6) Protecting sensitive lands;
(7) Protecting public properties and interests, both tangible and intangible;
(8) Clarifying the application of Code requirements or City standards;
(9) Ensuring adherence to the overall intent of the City Code; and
(10) For any other purpose consistent herewith; or,
(11) When mutually agreed upon with the developer.
Ord. No. 00-54, Enacted, 4/19/2001
Ord. No. 04-69, Recodified, 12/16/2004