View Archived News Articles
Sewer, garbage utility rate changes now in effect
July 7, 2009
The North Davis Sewer District has raised the fee for sewage treatment. The City’s costs for installing, maintaining and repairing the lines have also increased. The last time the sewer fee increased was July 2005.
As of July 1, 2009, new rates have been charged for sanitary sewer service.
• The fee for residential units will be increased $2.20 per month from $11.75 to $13.95.
• The commercial, school and church base rate will also increase $2.20 per month from $11.75 to $13.95.
• The hotel and motel rate will increase from $8.27 to $9.77 per month.
• The mobile home park base-unit rate will increase from $11.75 to $13.95 per month, and additional units will increase from $10.75 to $12.95 per unit per month.
An extension to the garbage collection contract began July 1, 2009. As part of the contract negotiation and budget process, the rate for first and additional cans was reviewed.
Changes to the can rates began July 1, 2009.
• The first can rate will decrease $.90 per month from $11.00 to $10.10.
• The additional can rate will increase $.90 per month from $6.75 to $7.65.
This is the first rate increase in garbage service since July 2000, and from that time there have been four rate reductions. The first can rate was $15.50 in July 2000.
The additional can rate has been kept lower than actual cost for many years. It was the goal of the current City Council to bring the rate into line with the cost.