View Archived News Articles
2008 Family Of Year Nominations
In connection with the National and State observance of “Family Week”, Layton City will hold a reception to honor and recognize citizens within the community who are outstanding examples of family living. Four awards will be presented:
- Families with Young Children (majority under 12)
- Families with Teenagers (majority of children are teenagers)
- Families with Older Children (majority of children are grown)
- Single Parent Family (children of any age)
If you would like to nominate a family, you may pick up a nomination form at any First National Bank in Layton, Layton City Administration Office, write a nomination letter or download a nomination form from this website. There are several options for submitting a nomination
- Send all information to Kathy Downs c/o Layton City, 437 N. Wasatch Drive, Layton, UT 84041.
- E-mail the nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring the nomination to the Layton City Administration Office located at 437 N. Wasatch Drive
- Fax the nomination to 336-3811.
The Community Action Council will review all nominations and select four families to be recognized at a reception held November 23, 2008. Each family will be introduced by the Mayor and will receive an award.
We appreciate your assistance in this effort to support families in our community. Any inquiries should be directed to Kathy Downs at 336-3800. The entry deadline is October 27, 2008. All nominations must be received no later than this date.