Layton City bills for water, sewer, garbage, and storm drain. For new resident information please click here.
The minimum bill for residential services for a standard water meter is $113.90. The minimum bill is as follows:
|Utility||Price for 2 months||Comments|
|Water||$25.70||First 14,000 gallons and $1.14 per thousand gallons over 14,000 gallons in the 2 month period.|
|Garbage||$22.10||$16.70 for each additional can with 6 month minimum commitment.|
|Recycling||-||$11.00 per billing cycle (optional)|
The Layton City Utility Billing Department bills for water, sewer, garbage and storm sewer. If you are new to the city and need to sign up for services, we do require you to read and accept the application disclaimer. There are several options to complete this:
- Come into our office at 437 N. Wasatch Drive and fill out the application at a kiosk. We are located in the Layton City Center next to the Surf N’ Swim. Our hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Layton City charges a $25 new account fee, as well as a refundable $45 deposit. We must receive these payments before we can begin new services. Please contact us at 801-336-3860 to make a payment.
In most instances, water service can be started the same day we receive a signed application. To find out what day your garbage pickup day is, please call our office at 336-3860. You can download a new resident packet by clicking here.
- In person: we accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
- AutoPay: Electronic funds transfer from your bank account
- Web payments: Payments are accepted on the City’s web site using a credit card or electronic funds transfer. Click here for a link to the web payment page.
- Utility Payment Drop Box: Located on the east side of the City Center parking lot next to the blue U.S. Postal Service mailbox. Checks only please.
- By phone: We will accept Debit/Credit Card payments over the phone.