Municipal CodeBack To Title List | Chapter List | Section List
19.13.070 Design and development plan review/decision process
(1) The applicant shall prepare and make a submission to the City consistent with the standards contained in this Chapter. The City shall review said submission for compliance with the regulations set forth herein. The applicant shall not alter the terrain or remove any vegetation from the proposed site or engage in any site development or building construction until the necessary approvals as outlined herein have been obtained.
(2) Proposed site plans shall be delivered by the applicant, as referred by the Community and Economic Development Department, to such City departments, special districts, governmental boards, bureaus, utility companies, and other agencies which will provide public and private facilities and services to the site for their information and comment. The Community and Economic Development Department is responsible for coordinating the comments received from all public and private entities, and shall decide to which agencies to refer proposed site plans.
(3) The Community and Economic Development Department shall review the site plan for conformance to the standards outlined herein; for conformance with the General Plan and the zoning ordinance; for environmental impacts which may be associated with the design; and shall process the site plan and reports as provided for in this Chapter.
(4) The Public Works Department shall make comments concerning: flood control requirements; engineering requirements for street widths, grades, and alignments; whether the proposed public improvements conform to the requirements of this Chapter and other applicable ordinances and regulations; and shall be responsible for the approval and inspection of all public improvements.
(5) The City shall notify the applicant within a reasonable time of receipt of the application of the City's decision and shall either: (a) issue a building permit; or (b) advise the applicant of the approval of the application; or (c) advise the applicant of the additional items required by the City in order to act upon the application.
Ord. No. 97-19, Enacted, 4/17/1997
Ord. No. 04-69, Recodified, 12/16/2004