Municipal CodeBack To Title List | Chapter List | Section List
19.18.020 Organization; Procedures
(1) The Board of Adjustment shall:
(a) organize and elect a chairperson; and
(b) adopt rules that comply with any ordinance adopted by the City Council.
(2) The Board of Adjustment shall meet at the call of the chairperson and at any other times that the Board of Adjustment determines.
(3) The chairperson, or in the absence of the chairperson, the acting chairperson, may administer oaths and compel the attendance of witnesses.
(4) (a) All meetings of the Board of Adjustment shall comply with the requirements of Title 52, Chapter 4, of the Utah State Code, Open and Public Meetings.
(b) The Board of Adjustment shall:
(i) keep minutes of its proceedings, showing the vote of each member upon each question, or if absent or failing to vote, indicating that fact; and
(ii) keep records of its examinations and other official actions.
(c) The Board of Adjustment may, but is not required to, have its proceedings contemporaneously transcribed by a court reporter or a tape recorder.
(d) The Board of Adjustment shall file its records in the office of the Board of Adjustment.
(e) All records in the office of the Board of Adjustment are public records.
(5) The concurring vote of three (3) members of the Board of Adjustment is necessary to reverse or modify any order, requirement, decision, or determination of any administrative official or agency or to decide in favor of the appellant.
(6) Decisions of the Board of Adjustment become effective at the meeting in which the decision is made, unless a different time is designated in the Board's rules or at the time the decision is made.
(7) The City Council may fix per diem compensation for the members of the Board of Adjustment based on necessary and reasonable expenses and on meetings actually attended.
Ord. No. 97-19, Enacted, 4/17/1997
Ord. No. 04-69, Recodified, 12/16/2004