Municipal CodeBack To Title List | Chapter List | Section List
The following words or phrases, when used in this Chapter, shall have the meaning as given herein. Words not defined herein shall have their usual and common meaning.
(1) "Kiosk"– An unmanned freestanding structure, with a footprint no larger than fifty (50) square feet, where retail items are sold, rented, distributed, or collected and/or a freestanding structure where temporary information, posters, notices, and announcements are posted.
(2) "Mobile food court" – Where a clustering of three (3) or more mobile food vendors and or street vendors congregate to serve food or beverages to the public located within three hundred feet (300') of each other, shall be considered a mobile food court. At least one vender must be a mobile vehicle or trailer to be considered a mobile food court.
(3) "Mobile food trailer" – A vendor that serves food or beverages from a non-motorized trailer on wheels that is normally pulled behind a motorized vehicle and is readily moveable without disassembling for transport to another location.
(4) "Mobile food vehicle" – A vendor that serves food or beverages from a self-contained unit that is a motorized vehicle on wheels, and is readily moveable for transport to another location without disassembling.
(5) "Mobile food vendor" – A vendor that serves food or beverages from a self-contained unit either motorized or in a trailer on wheels and is readily movable. A mobile food vendor shall solely include mobile food trailer(s) and mobile food vehicle(s) as defined within this Section.
(6) "Street vendor" – An attended portable structure that serves only walk-up customers and is intended for the selling of prepared food, non alcoholic drinks, balloons, cut flowers, caps, t-shirts, souvenirs, handmade crafts, or locally grown produce.
(a) "Cart"– a non-motorized mobile structure where business and customer operations take place adjacent to but outside of the structure.
(7) "Tent vendor" – A freestanding tent or canopy open on at least one (1) side and used for the retail sale of goods and services.
(8) "Snow shack" – A freestanding rigid structure with (1) or more open sides from which cold summer treats are sold.
(9) "Single event" – An event lasting no more than seven (7) consecutive days in which up to fifty (50) retailers sell and advertise goods, wares, or merchandise on one (1) or more contiguous lots.
(10) "Seasonal outdoor vendor" – Any temporary retailer selling seasonal products outdoors which are related to a specific holiday, for no more than forty-five (45) consecutive days per calendar year.
Ord. No. 98-16, Amended, 2/19/1998
Ord. No. 12-02, Repealed, 1/5/2012
Ord. No. 12-02, Enacted, 1/5/2012
Ord. No. 97-19, Enacted, 4/17/1997
Ord. No. 04-69, Recodified, 12/16/2004
Ord. No. 14-15, Amended, 7/17/2014
Ord. No. 16-06, Amended, 2/18/2016