Back To Title List | Chapter List | Section List
13.08.021. Security deposits
(1) No sewer and water service shall be supplied until a deposit has been paid; said deposit is waived for any applicant who has shown a favorable prior account record with the City without any delinquent payments for the immediately preceding twelve months.
(2) For residential accounts the deposit shall be equal to the City's average residential utility service fee for the two (2) highest average months or the highest two (2) months utility service fee for the residence based on the account history for the previous year, whichever is greater.
(3) For commercial, industrial accounts, and multiple family dwellings the deposit shall be equal to the highest two (2) month average utility service fee for the business or dwellings as projected by the director of finance or his designee or the highest two (2) months utility service fee for the business or dwellings based on the account history for the previous year, whichever is greater.
(4) If no delinquencies or other conditions are reported within one (1) year of the posting of the deposit, such deposit shall be applied to the utility service fee of the following period or periods.
(5) In the event that a user terminates utility service prior to the completion of one (1) year of service, such deposit shall be applied to any utility service balance not paid upon termination and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded to the user.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997