(1) The boundaries of the zoning districts established in Section 19.04.010 of the Layton Municipal Code are hereby established as shown on the Official Zoning District Map, which together with all explanatory matter thereon, is hereby adopted by reference and declared to be part of this ordinance.
(2) The Official Zoning District Map shall be identified by the signature of the Planning Director and shall bear the date of adoption. All subsequent changes to the Map shall include the new effective date and shall be initialed by the Planning Director.
(3) If, in accordance with the provisions of this Title and Section 10.9.401 et. seq., of the Utah Code, changes are made in zoning district boundaries or other matters portrayed on the Official Zoning District Map, an entry shall be made, as soon as practical after the amendment has been approved by the City Council, on the Official Zoning District Map according to the requirements of Subsection 19.04.040(2).
Any amendment to this Title which involves matters portrayed on the Official Zoning District Map shall be in full force and in effect on the date of the adopted ordinance.
(4) No changes of any nature shall be made on the Official Zoning District Map or matter shown thereon except in conformity with the procedures set forth in Chapter 19.17 of the Layton Municipal Code. Any unauthorized change of whatever kind by any person or persons shall be considered a violation of this ordinance and punishable as provided under Chapter 19.19 of the Layton Municipal Code.
(5) Regardless of the existence of purported copies of the Official Zoning District Map, which may from time to time be made or published, the Official Zoning District Map, which shall be located in the Community and Economic Development Department office shall be the final authority as to the current status of zoning districts.
(6) In the event that the Official Zoning District Map becomes damaged, destroyed, or lost, or difficult to interpret because of the nature or number of changes and additions, the City Council may, by ordinance, adopt a new Official Zoning District Map or any subsequent amendment thereof. The new Official Zoning District Map shall be identified as defined in Subsection 19.04.040(2).
Unless the prior Official Zoning District Map has been lost or destroyed, the prior Map or any significant remaining parts thereof shall be preserved, together with all available records pertaining to its adoption or amendment.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 97-19, Enacted, 4/17/1997
Ord. No. 04-69, Recodified, 12/16/2004