In order to encourage the more efficient use of land, flag or L-shaped lots may be allowed, subject to the following conditions:
(1) A flag or L-shaped lot shall be comprised of a staff portion contiguous with the flag portion thereof;
(2) The staff portion of said lot shall front on and be contiguous to a dedicated public street. The minimum width of the staff portion of a flag lot shall be thirty feet (30'), and maximum length is one hundred seventy feet (170');
(3) No building or construction, except for driveways, shall be allowed on the staff portion of said lot unless the minimum width, for building lots, is the same or greater than the minimum width as allowed in the zoning district;
(4) The front side of the flag portion of said lots shall be deemed to be that side nearest to the dedicated public street upon which the staff portion fronts;
(5) The staff portion of said lot shall be deemed to end, and the flag portion of said lots shall be deemed to commence, at the extension of the front lot line;
(6) The square footage located in the flag portion of said lot, which shall be exclusive of the square footage located in the staff portion of said lot, shall be the same or greater than the minimum square footage as is required in this Section or based on the underlying zoning district, whichever is more restrictive;
(7) The side and rear yard requirements of the flag portion of said lots shall be the same as is required in the zoning district;
(8) The front yard minimum setback requirements for all buildings shall be thirty feet (30') from the front lot line of the flag portion thereof;
(9) No more than two (2) flag lots can be contiguous to each other. No more than two (2) lots may share the thirty foot (30') staff portion, frontage requirement; and
(10) The maximum number of flag lots in the development site shall be not more than ten percent (10%) of the total number of lots within the development site.
By way of example only, a flag or L-shaped lot is illustrated in Diagram A-4.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 97-19, Enacted, 4/17/1997
Ord. No. 00-16, Amended, 5/18/2000
Ord. No. 04-69, Recodified, 12/16/2004