(1) There is hereby created the position of Community and Economic Development Director. The Community and Economic Development Director shall also be the Zoning Administrator, who is the administrative officer charged with the enforcement of the Code provisions involving or related to land use planning, zoning, development, signs, and subdivisions. The Community and Economic Development Director may utilize City staff to assist in the performance of these duties and may delegate those duties within the Community and Economic Development Department.
(2) Reviews and approvals. The Community and Economic Development Director shall be authorized to undertake reviews, recommendations, and approvals as described in Section 19.01.140 of this Code.
(3) General Plan. The Community and Economic Development Director shall assist the Planning Commission in the development and implementation of the General Plan for the physical growth of the City, and shall prepare population and growth studies in support of the Plan.
(4) Ordinance interpretation. For purposes of clarification, the Community and Economic Development Director is authorized to interpret the zoning ordinance, the zoning district map, the subdivision ordinance, and other ordinances regulating physical development in the City. Decisions regarding the interpretations or administration of the ordinances herein may be appealed to the Board of Adjustment, pursuant to Chapter 19.18 of this Code.
(5) Administrative staff assistance and technical advice. The Community and Economic Development Director shall provide staff assistance to the Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment. Staff assistance shall include attendance at regularly scheduled meetings, and the preparation and publication of agendas. The Community and Economic Development Director shall act as technical advisor to the City Council, and other City commissions, boards, and departments as needed.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 09-16, Amended, 8/20/2009