Said attached signs shall be allowed as follows:
(1) Attached signs are not to exceed a total area of three (3) square feet of sign area for each front foot of building occupancy (see "Front footage of building occupancy" definition). Said signs may be placed flat against a building, may be projecting or non-projecting signs, and may be located on an architectural projection.
In the PB zone there shall not be more than fifty (50) square feet of sign space in total per tenant.
(2) Flat signs; Location and depth. Signs placed flat against a building may extend no more than eighteen inches (18") from the wall of such buildings. Said signs may project over a public right-of-way a distance not exceeding said eighteen inch (18") depth. The minimum heights shall be ten feet (10') or more above the sidewalk.
(3) Height regulations; Signs on parapet walls, sloping, and shed roofs. The following regulations shall apply to the location and height of signs on parapet walls and various roof structures.
(a) Parapet wall. A sign may be attached to the face of a parapet wall. The sign projection above the top of the parapet wall may not exceed one fourth (¼) of the sign height or a maximum of four feet (4').
(b) Sloping roof. A sign may be attached to the fascia or located on the sloping roof of a structure but may not be located so as to extend more than four feet (4') above the lower edge or the fascia of said sloping roof to the top of the sign.
(c) Shed roof. A sign may be attached to the fascia of a shed roof of a structure but may not be located so as to extend more than four feet (4') above the lower edge of the fascia of said roof.
(d) Height limit. No height limit is specified for signs placed flat against the wall of a building or for other attached signs provided all other provisions of this Chapter are complied with.
(4) Signs on architectural projections. The following regulations shall apply to all architectural projections. The maximum projection of a sign shall not exceed eighteen inches (18").
(a) No sign attached to or which is an integral part of the face of an architectural projection shall extend above or below the face of such projection.
(b) A sign erected on top of an architectural projection shall not exceed a maximum height of two feet (2') above the upper edge of said projection. If illuminated, said sign shall be of internal illumination only.
(c) A sign may be placed entirely below and may be supported by an architectural projection of a building when such architectural projection is designed to carry the additional weight of such signs. If illuminated, said sign shall be of internal illumination only. Such sign shall have a minimum clearance of eight feet (8') between the bottom of the sign and finished grade.
(5) Signs on awnings or canopies. Awnings or canopies including electric awning signs may be placed on buildings in any B-RP, PB, CP-1, CP-2, CP-3, CH, M-1, or M-2 zone. Awnings or canopies shall be mounted a minimum of eight feet (8') above the ground surface. The area of any logo, insignia message shall be calculated and shall comply with the provisions outlined in Section 20.04.130 (1).
(6) Signs; For other than ground floor use. In any B-RP, CP-1, CP-2, CP-3, CH, M-1, and M-2 zoned property where there are businesses above the ground floor of a building and such businesses are different from the ground floor uses, one (1) additional sign per building placed flat against the building may be erected for all such uses. Said signs shall not exceed one (1) square foot of sign area for each two (2) lineal front feet of building frontage.
(7) Attached signs in agricultural zoning districts. Attached signs in agricultural zoning districts shall be a conditional use and shall have the additional following requirements:
(a) Size shall be determined by (1) square foot of sign area for every one (1) lineal foot of building frontage at the main entrance not to exceed two hundred (200) square feet.
(b) Said sign shall not be illuminated.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 97-22, Amended, 7/17/1997
Ord. No. 97-43, Amended, 7/17/1997
Ord. No. 05-46, Amended, 11/3/2005