Back To Title List | Chapter List | Section List
1117 - Use of City Center
Use of the City Center Building is for municipal purposes as determined by the City Manager or his designee. Meeting rooms in the City Center are not generally rented out for private use, but may be approved for City sponsored events, or open access events that benefit citizens, such as meetings for:
- City Council, Boards and Commissions;
- Neutral forum for the public to meet and hear views from political candidates;
- Discussing public concerns in the community (i.e. grassroots meetings; HOA annual meetings);
- State or County Agencies that involve Layton residents or employees;
- Layton Citizen Corps Council Programs;
- Community Action Council Programs, including Youth Court and Youth Council;
- Local Irrigation Companies that serve Layton residents;
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance for low income citizens;
- Other similar or related uses.
The City Center Building should not be used for:
- Family gatherings;
- Parties, receptions or other entertainment events; or
- Income producing activities for persons or businesses.
Meeting Rooms (City needs take precedence)
- Break Room
- Lower Level Conference Room
- City Council Chambers
- Council Conference Room
- CED Conference Room
- The organization renting the facility shall have an authorized representative sign an Acceptance of Liability, Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement for injury or damage to persons or property resulting during or from the event.
- For after hours use, a City employee or approved volunteer must be present to unlock and/or lock the building. A janitor is often in the building Monday thru Thursday night, and can usually perform this function. If an employee needs to come solely for this purpose, there will be a $30 per hour charge.
- The sound equipment in the Council Chambers should only be operated by an authorized City employee. If sound equipment is needed after business hours, there will be a $30 per hour charge for an employee to operate the system.
- Food and beverages are not allowed except in the break room downstairs. The break room must be left clean and free from spilled food or drink.
- Tables and chairs shall be returned into their original positions.
- Rooms must be left in a clean and orderly condition.
- People should be out of the City Center no later than 10:00 pm.
- Meeting rooms are not available for weekend or holiday use.
Meeting Room Reservations
- The Council Chambers and Council Conference Room should be reserved with the Administration Secretary. The Break Room and Lower Level Conference Room through the Management Services Secretary. The CED Conference Room through the CED Secretary.
- The City Manager or Assistant City Manager will be consulted when it is not clear if a use is consistent with this policy.
RELEASE AND ACCEPTANCE OF LIABILITY, HOLD HARMLESS,
AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
In consideration of Layton City's ("City") permitting the undersigned to use City facilities, and other good and valuable consideration, the undersigned:
Represents that I, the undersigned, am either the agent, representative, or individual entity responsible for the use of the facility and am responsible for the activities that will occur at and within the facility;
Agrees that I hereby release the City, its officials, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers (Releasees) from any and all liability claims and causes of action known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that may arise at or within the facilities during the activity and during the reasonable period prior, and subsequent and related to the activity, and accept said liability, claims, or causes of action;
Agrees that I hereby agree to hold the City and Releasees harmless from any and all liability, claims, and causes of action known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that may arise at or within the facilities during the activity and during the reasonable period prior, and subsequent and related to the activity, and accept said liability, claims, or causes of action;
Agrees that I hereby indemnify the City and Releasees for any claims and causes of action known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that may arise at or within the facilities during the activity and during the reasonable period prior, and subsequent and related to the activity, and accept said liability, claims, or causes of action, including the costs of legal representation, costs of litigation, and court costs incurred in defending any such claim or action;
Represents that I am authorized to execute this Agreement;
Agrees that this Agreement is binding upon my heirs, assigns, and any and all other successors in interest.
Dated this ______ day of _______________________, 2012.
Enacted, 10/25/2012, Previous Policy 1117