Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer, after smoking.
It is a radioactive gas that comes from uranium in soil, found all over the State of Utah.
You should test your home, as radon can get trapped inside and any home is susceptible. Testing is the only way to see if you and your family are at risk.
The Davis County Health Department will visit your home free of charge and conduct a radon test.
If you'd like your home to be tested, or would like more information, call 801-525-5128 or send an e-mail to: KPlatero@co.davis.ut.us.