View Archived News Articles
442 Project - Vietnam Memorial Wall
Vietnam Memorial Wall Replica Dedication Ceremony & Events - Saturday July 14, 2018
- 5:00 pm Walk to the Wall - Join the Utah VVA for the Walk to the Wall. Walk begins at Wasatch Drive and Hawthorne Street and proceeds along Wasatch Drive to the site of the Vietnam Memorial Wall Replica in Layton Commons Park. Walk will be led by an honor guard, local bagpipe organizations, and Utah VVA members.
- 6:00 pm Dedication Ceremony - Dedication ceremony includes musical selections, flag raising, speakers, and a dedication of the memorial wall and surrounding grounds.
- 8:00 pm USO Tribute Show - USO Tribute Show in the Ed Kenley Amphitheater. Gates open at the conclusion of the Dedication Ceremony. FREE Admission.
Top Level Sponsorships
Ladies of the Wall Memorial Bench - $15,000
Of the 58,000+ causalities of the war, eight American military women died in the Vietnam War. With an additional $5,000 to the Gold Level Sponsorship, you have an opportunity to recognize and bring awareness to one of the following women listed below. This sponsorship will honor the individual women’s name and your organization with an engraved plaque securely placed on one of eight benches located in the Memorial Plaza. Also includes Gold Star plaque with top tier placement.
- 1st Lt. Sharon Ann Lane
- 2nd Lt. Pamela Dorothy Donovan
- Lt. Col. Annie Ruth Graham
- Capt. Mary Therese Klinker
- 2nd Lt. Carol Ann Elizabeth Drazba
- 2nd Lt. Elizabeth Ann Jones
- Capt. Eleanor Grace Alexander
- 1st Lt. Hedwig Diane Orlowski
Gold Star – $10,000
This sponsorship includes the largest engraved plaque with your organization’s name/logo & top tier placement on the flag monument.
Silver Star - $5,000
This sponsorship includes an engraved plaque with your organization’s name/logo & mid-level tier placement on the flag monument.
Bronze Star - $1,000
This sponsorship includes an engraved plaque with your organization’s name (no logos) & bottom tier placement on the flag monument.
Purchase a brick for the Vietnam Memorial Wall Plaza
Go Fund Me Link: https://www.gofundme.com/v9hacw4
442 Project Vietnam Memorial Wall
Utah Vietnam Veterans of America is in the process of securing donations to have a Vietnam Veterans Wall replica (80% of the original size) built in the heart of Layton City in Commons Park. This is a great addition to our community and will be the only replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall of its size west of the Mississippi. This will give everyone throughout the western United States the chance to honor those who lost their lives in the Vietnam War.
For more information and other donation opportunities, contact Layton City Parks and Recreation Department at 801-336-3900.