View Archived News Articles
New Babysitting Training Course Offered
Layton - May 4, 2010
The Babysitter's Training Course is designed for youth between 11 and 15 years old. Classes follow the American Red Cross Babysitter's Training Program and are taught by an American Red Cross authorized instructor. The foundation of the class is to give students the confidence and skills they need to make smart dicisions and stay safe in any babysitting situation. Class emphasis is on training the students how to:
- Supervise children and infants
- Perform basic child-care skills such as diapering and feeding
- Choose safe, age-appropriate games and toys
- Handle bedtime and discipline issues
- Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries
- Care for common injuries and emergencies such as choking, burns, cuts and bee stings
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Find and interview for babysitting jobs
Students will receive take-home reference and training materials for future use. Upon successful completion of class students will receive a Babysitter's Training certificate issued by the American Red Cross.
One course session consists of two, three hour class periods. Classes are taught in the Layton City Parks and Recreation Downstairs Training Room. The cost to attend class is $40.00.
June 23rd - June 24th
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
July 14th - July 15th
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
For additional information call (801) 336-3900.