HomeFinance • FAQ



What is the sales tax rate in Layton City?
See current and historic sales tax rates at


What are the Utility Billing office hours?
Layton City Utility Billing Department office hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, except holidays.
What services does Layton City Utility Billing Department bill for?

Layton City bills for water, sewer, garbage, and storm drain. For billing information please click here.

I am new to Layton City and need to establish utility service. What do I do?

The Layton City Utility Billing Department bills for water, sewer, garbage and storm sewer. If you are new to the city and need to sign up for services, we do require you to read and accept the application disclaimer. There are several options to complete this:


  • Come into our office at 437 N. Wasatch Drive and fill out the application at a kiosk. We are located in the Layton City Center next to the Surf N’ Swim. Our hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.


Layton City charges a $50 new account fee. We must receive this payment before we can begin new services. Please contact us at 801-336-3860 to make a payment.

In most instances, water service can be started the same day we receive a signed application. To find out what day your garbage pickup day is, please call our office at 336-3860. You can download a new resident packet by clicking here.

Is a deposit required when signing up for utility service?
No deposit is required, unless it is a commercial account.
I am moving from Layton and need to discontinue services. What do I need to do?
Please contact the Utility Billing department at (801) 336-3860 to terminate your account.
How often does Layton City bill for services?
Layton City bills for residential utility services every other month.
When are utility payments due and what happens if I don’t pay my bill on time?
Utility payments are due upon receipt of the bill and become delinquent after the 5th of the month following the month of billing. (Example: If you are billed in March, payment is due before April 6th). Delinquent payments are assessed a $5.00 late fee and are subject to shut off by the end of that month.
Are there utility payment options other than by mail?
They are:
  • In person: we accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
  • AutoPay: Electronic funds transfer from your bank account
  • Web payments: Payments are accepted on the City’s web site using a credit card or electronic funds transfer. Click here for a link to the web payment page.
  • Utility Payment Drop Box: Located on the east side of the City Center parking lot next to the blue U.S. Postal Service mailbox. Checks only please.
  • By phone: We will accept Debit/Credit Card payments over the phone.
How do I set up AutoPay for electronic funds transfer?
In person in the Utility Billing office, request an application by sending an email to or call the Utility Billing office and request a form.
How do order an additional garbage can? The lid on my garbage can broke off. Who do I contact?
Call Layton City’s Utility Billing office at (801) 336-3860.
My garbage wasn’t picked up on its regularly scheduled day. Who do I contact?
If your garbage was not picked up on its regularly scheduled day please call the Utility Billing Office at (801)336-3860.
How do I contact the Landfill?
Wasatch Integrated Waste Management District is located at 1256 East Highway 193 and their phone number is 614-5600. Their website is