Notice of CandidatesClick Here for 2019 Municipal Election Candidates.
COUNCIL - Three (3): Four-year terms
MAYOR - One (1): Two-year term
Layton City Election
2019 Layton Municipal Election
Layton City will be conducting elections in 2019 for the offices of Mayor and three (3) City Council seats. The seats are "at-large," meaning they are open to candidates city-wide. The Mayor's position will be a two-year term. The City Council positions will each have a four-year term. Interested residents of Layton City may become candidates by filing a Declaration of Candidacy in the City Recorder's Office from June 3, 2019 through June 7, 2019, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. A $25 filing fee is required to file.
Candidates who file for municipal office are required to:
- Be a United States citizen at the time of filing.
- Be a registered voter of Layton City.
- Be a resident of Layton City for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of the election.
Election and polling information can be obtained at:
- the City’s website at www.laytoncity.org; or,
- by calling the Recorder’s Office at (801) 336-3810.
Dated this 18th day of April, 2019.
/s/Kimberly S Read