In addition to other parking restrictions in this Code, it shall be unlawful:
(1) To park any vehicle over, above, on, or across the public easement between the sidewalk and curbing abutting any public street;
(2) To park any vehicle over, above, on, or across any sidewalk or portion thereof, or to otherwise park a vehicle in such a manner so as to obstruct access upon, or use of, the entire surface of any sidewalk;
(3) To park a vehicle upon any street, or publicly owned or controlled property or right-of-way for the principal purpose of performing maintenance or repairing such vehicle except as is necessitated by an emergency;
(4) To park upon any street, public right-of-way, or publicly owned or controlled property a vehicle that is mechanically inoperable or cannot be lawfully operated on public streets. For purposes of this Subsection, "mechanically inoperable" includes, but is not limited to, flat tire, dead battery, any mechanical problem that would prohibit the immediate starting of the engine and proceeding in a normal manner, or any physical condition, such as missing or inoperable lighting, prohibiting lawful operation. "Lawfully operated" includes, but is not limited to, having current registration, inspection, and required equipment;
(5) To park a recreation vehicle, trailer, boat, or similar apparatus, in a manner proscribed above, or to park such an item on any public street except for the immediate loading or unloading and never longer than twenty-four (24) consecutive hours;
(6) To park any vehicle, trailer, etc. in any fire lane or to otherwise block or obstruct any fire lane established by the City;
(7) To park any vehicle, trailer, etc. on any public property, other than in designated parking or obvious parking areas or as legally permissible on roadways; or
(8) To park any vehicle in any location that interferes with the delivery and monitoring of essential services, such as utilities, postal services, and refuse collection.
(9) To park any vehicle, trailer, boat, or similar apparatus upon any developed parcel at a location other than that designed for parking.
(a) Areas designed for parking must be concrete, asphalt, or similar solid surface of sufficient size to house the entire vehicle.
(b) Exception. This Subsection shall not apply to vehicles parked so as to facilitate the immediate loading or unloading thereof or service vehicles actively involved in the construction, repair, or servicing of the premises.
(10) To park any commercial trailer or semi-trailer, without motive power that is free-standing or disconnected from a truck tractor, upon any public roadway or public property.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 04-11, Amended, 1/15/2004
Ord. No. 05-45, Amended, 10/20/2005
Ord. No. 06-50, Amended, 11/2/2006
Ord. No. 96-72, Amended, 11/7/1996
Ord. No. 13-07, Amended, 3/7/2013