The following substances are not subject to the provisions of this ordinance provided that these substances are handled, stored, and disposed of in a manner that does not result in an unauthorized release or cause contamination of the groundwater.
(1) Required substances stored at residences that do not exceed ten (10) pounds or five (5) gallons and used for personal, family, or household purposes.
(2) Commercial products limited to use at the site solely for office or janitorial purposes when stored in total quantities of less than twenty (20) pounds or ten (10) gallons.
(3) Prepackaged consumer products available through retail sale to individuals for personal, family, or household use, that are properly stored.
(4) Water-based latex paint.
(5) Fertilizers and treated seed (except as noted in the ordinance).
(6) Pesticide products and materials intended for use in weed abatement, pest control, erosion control, soil amendment, or similar applications when applied in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, label directions, and nationally recognized standards.
(7) Compressed gases
(8) Substances or mixtures which may pose a hazard but are labeled pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 98-72, Enacted, 11/5/1998