Layton City   search site  
Home Do Business Live & Work Play Departments Services & Payments Contact Us Follow Layton City Twitter Like Us on Facebook
  Skip Navigation Links Home Departments Legal Municipal Code
  Legal Department

Back To Title List | Chapter List | Section List

13.08.020. Application for service

            (1)        Any person desiring a supply of water from the City waterworks or sewer service, when such service is available, shall apply therefor with the City and file an agreement with the City, which agreement shall contain the following:

                        (a)        Date of application.

                        (b)        Name of applicant and signature.

                        (c)        Address to be supplied utility service.

                        (d)        Address where billing shall be sent.

                        (e)        A statement indicating that the applicant is a tenant, owner, or builder.

                        (f)        The name and address of the owner of the premises to be supplied if applicant is a tenant.

                        (g)        Applicant's prior address.

            (2)        In case an application for furnishing utility services provided by the City shall be made by a tenant of the owner, the City shall require as a condition of granting the same that such application contain a signed, notarized agreement from the owner or his duly authorized agent stating that in consideration of granting such application the owner will pay for all service furnished such tenant or any other occupant of the premises named in the application in case such tenant or occupant shall fail to pay for the same according to this Chapter.  In case any person shall fail to pay for the service furnished according to the rules and regulations prescribed by this Chapter, the City shall cause the water to be shut off from such premises and shall not be required to turn the same on again until all arrears for service furnished shall be paid in full.

            (3)        A building contractor shall make an application for culinary water service for construction purposes.  The contractor shall pay all appropriate deposits and fees as established by the City Council for the period that the water service remains in the contractor's name.  All culinary water use for building construction shall be metered.  The placement of any device that allows the culinary water system to be used in building construction without being metered is prohibited.  If a building contractor moves an occupant into any building without first securing an occupancy permit, the City may revoke water service to the building.

            The contractor shall pay for any additional City service charges, i.e. sewer, garbage, etc. if a tenant is allowed to occupy a building without: (a) properly applying for such services and, (b) having a certificate of occupancy issued by a building inspector.

            The contractor may be denied culinary water services at a construction site if said contractor has any delinquent utility accounts with the City.

Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997

Municipal Code (PDF Format)

Index Contact Us Site Credits Privacy and Security Statement