The collection of impact fees shall apply to all new development in the City unless otherwise provided herein. Until any impact fee required by this ordinance has been paid in full, no building permit, electrical permit, certificate of compliance, certificate of occupancy, or other permit subsequent to development plan approval for any development shall be issued. A stop work order shall be issued on any development for which the applicable impact fee has not been paid in full.
(1) Park impact fees shall apply only to new residential development.
(2) Public safety impact fees shall apply to any land use which makes improvements to any land which will generate an increase in the need for public safety facilities and services.
(3) Storm drainage impact fees shall apply to new residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, or any other land use which creates additional runoff through the placement of any hard surface.
(4) Transportation impact fees shall apply to any land use which makes improvements to any land which will generate additional traffic.
(5) Water impact fees shall apply to any connection to the culinary water system, placing additional demand for storage facilities and distribution lines.
(6) The movement of a structure onto a lot shall be considered development and shall be subject to the impact fee provisions, unless otherwise provided herein.
(7) The impact fee provisions shall not apply to the following activities:
(a) Placing on a lot in the City a temporary construction trailer or office, but only for the life of the building permit issued for the construction served by the trailer or office; and
(b) Any development, including but not limited to the mere subdivision of land, installation of utilities, or the use of land for limited recreational, agricultural, filling, or dredging purposes, which in the opinion of the Community and Economic Development Director, will not result in a net increase in demand of the City parks, storm drainage, street, water, or public safety facilities.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 97-42, Enacted, 6/30/1997
Ord. No. 05-35, Amended, 7/7/2005