Layton City   search site  
Home Do Business Live & Work Play Departments Services & Payments Contact Us Follow Layton City Twitter Like Us on Facebook
  Skip Navigation Links Home Departments Legal Municipal Code
  Legal Department

Back To Title List | Chapter List | Section List

15.02.200. Moving buildings; Building permit required; Written agreement; Bond required; Appeals; Forfeiture

            No person shall move, or cause to be moved, into the City or from one location to another within the City, any building or structure without first applying in writing for and securing a building permit granting permission to do so from the Community and Economic Development Department.  No building permit shall be granted until such applicant shall first:

            (1)        Enter into a written agreement with the City by the terms of which such applicant guarantees that the building or structure to be moved shall, when relocated, be placed on a foundation which meets the specifications and requirements of the building code and guarantees that within a certain time to be fixed by the Building Official, but which shall not be less than three (3) months nor more than one (1) year from the signing of the agreement, the building or structure shall be brought into full conformity with the specifications, requirements, and provisions of all applicable City codes; and

            (2)        Deposit with the Community and Economic Development Department, a "moving" bond in an amount fixed by the Community and Economic Development Director, or designee, which shall be not less than Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00).  The bond amount shall be based on the square footage of the structure and the extent of improvements necessary to ensure compliance with all applicable codes.  Said bond may be in the form of a cash deposit with the City; or a three party escrow naming the City as a beneficiary.  Return of the moving bond shall be conditioned on the faithful performance by the applicant, of the terms of the agreement above referred to.

            (3)        Forfeiture.  Failure to meet with the terms of the agreement set forth shall result in the forfeiture of said bond in favor of Layton City.

            (4)        Appeal.  Any person who deems himself aggrieved by a decision of the Building Official under this Chapter may appeal from such decision by making written application for an appeal hearing before the City Manager.  The notice of appeal shall be made within ten (10) days after notice of the decision appealed from.  The City Manager shall grant a hearing, and after consideration of the matter may uphold, modify, or reverse such decision.

Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 98-30, Amended, 5/7/1998
Ord. No. 02-07, Amended, 5/16/2002
Ord. No. 944, Amended, 12/5/1991
Ord. No. 97-17, Amended, 4/3/1997

Municipal Code (PDF Format)

Index Contact Us Site Credits Privacy and Security Statement