(1) Unless exempt under Section 18.16.035 or excluded from the definition of subdivision under Chapter 18.04, whenever any land is laid out and platted, the owner of the land shall provide an accurate plat that describes or specifies:
(a) a name or designation of the subdivision that is distinct from any plat already recorded in the Davis County Recorder's office;
(b) the boundaries, course, and dimensions of all the parcels of ground divided, by their boundaries, course, and extent, whether the owner proposes that any parcel of ground is intended to be used as a street or for any other public use, and whether any such area is reserved or proposed for dedication for a public purpose;
(c) the lot or unit reference, block or building reference, street or site address, street name or coordinate address, acreage or square footage for all parcels, units, or lots, and length and width of the blocks and lots intended for sale; and
(d) every existing right-of-way and easement grant of record for underground facilities, and for other utility facilities.
(2) Subject to Subsections (3), (4), and (5), if the plat conforms to the City's ordinances and this part and has been approved by the culinary water authority and the sanitary sewer authority, the City shall approve the plat.
(3) The City may withhold an otherwise valid plat approval until the owner of the land provides the City Council with a tax clearance indicating that all taxes, interest, and penalties owing on the land have been paid.
(4) (a) The owner of the land shall acknowledge the plat before an officer authorized by law to take the acknowledgment of conveyances of real estate and shall obtain the signature of each individual designated by the City.
(b) The surveyor of the plat shall certify that the surveyor:
(i) holds a license in accordance with Title 58, Chapter 22, Utah Code (as amended), Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors Licensing Act;
(ii) has completed a survey of the property described on the plat in accordance with Section 17-23-17, Utah Code (as amended), and has verified all measurements; and
(iii) has placed monuments as represented on the plat.
(c) As applicable, the owner or operator of the underground and utility facilities shall approve the:
(i) boundary, course, dimensions, and intended use of right-of-way and easement grants of record;
(ii) location of existing underground and utility facilities; and
(iii) condition and restrictions governing the location of the facilities within the right-of-way, and easement grants of record, and utility facilities within the subdivision.
(5) (a) After the plat has been acknowledged, certified, and approved, the owner of the land shall within the time period designated by ordinance, record the plat in the Davis County Recorder's office.
(b) An owner's failure to record a plat within the time period designated by ordinance renders the plat voidable.
Ord. No. 07-25, Enacted, 7/5/2007