Layton City   search site  
Home Do Business Live & Work Play Departments Services & Payments Contact Us Follow Layton City Twitter Like Us on Facebook
  Skip Navigation Links Home Departments Legal Municipal Code
  Legal Department

Back To Title List | Chapter List | Section List

18.24.025. Application of development requirements along state and county roadways

            (1)        The provisions of the Layton Municipal Code shall be applicable to the development of properties adjacent to all state and county roadways within Layton City.  Therefore, all such roadways are designated as arterial roads, unless specified otherwise.  Any conflict between the City's width requirements for these roadways and those established by the state or county shall be resolved in favor of the greater width requirement.

            (2)        Prior to obtaining any site plan approval for any development adjacent to these subject roadways the applicant shall, in addition to all other requirements imposed by the Layton Municipal Code, provide the following:

                        (a)        A letter from the entity responsible for said roadway reflecting said entity's width requirements therefore, and if necessary, a deed or similar documentation reflecting that the necessary property is in possession of the appropriate public entity.  If any such land transaction occurs, the applicant shall provide to the City a letter from the entity setting forth the provisions of said transaction.

                        (b)        A letter from the respective entity reflecting its future plans for the roadway and its position concerning the installation of curb, gutter, and sidewalk.

            (3)        Prior to obtaining a building permit for property adjacent to a state or county roadway the applicant shall, in addition to all the other requirements imposed by the Layton Municipal Code, provide the following:

                        (a)        A copy of any encroachment permit required by any public entity or any other development agreement between the applicant and the state or county.

                        (b)        Documentation supporting the consummation of any required property transactions facilitating the right-of-way width.

                        (c)        The posting of a bond, surety, or other security as acceptable by the City in an amount to be determined by the City for the installation of all curb, gutter, sidewalk, required traffic control signs, and necessary road widening.  Said posting must be done with the City and a substitute posting with another public entity is not acceptable.

Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 96-61, Enacted, 11/7/1996

Municipal Code (PDF Format)

Index Contact Us Site Credits Privacy and Security Statement