In addition to the regulations listed in Section 19.21.020, tent vendors shall also meet the following requirements:
(1) Businesses under this Section shall not occupy more than fifteen percent (15%) of parking stalls, or two (2) stalls, whichever is greater, on a lot. Only lots with parking stalls in excess of the base requirement for the business may accommodate tent vendors, unless the vendor can be accommodated outside of parking stalls.
(2) Businesses under this Section are permitted thirty (30) square feet of banner signage as allowed with an approved business license. Signage shall be attached to or painted on the structure.
(3) Structures shall be secured to the ground in accordance with current Building Codes.
(4) A tent vendor shall be limited to one (1) of the following:
(a) An auto glass repair station or a similar use as approved by the Community and Economic Development Director;
(i) Shall be limited to locations at existing gas stations or other auto related business parcels; and
(ii) Shall be limited to a footprint no larger than one hundred (100) square feet.
(b) A produce stand used to sell farmer-direct goods:
(i) Shall be limited to C zoning districts. They shall also be permitted in A zoning districts if produce is sold on the same property by which it was grown;
(ii) Shall be limited to a footprint no larger than one hundred fifty (150) square feet when not in an A zoning district;
(iii) Uses located on agriculturally zoned property that are run by the landowner are exempt from business licensing but shall adhere to the standards of this Chapter; and
(iv) A business license for produce stands shall be valid from May 1st to October 31st. Business license applications shall be received two (2) weeks prior to May 1st to maintain location priority.
(c) A tent that is associated with a legally licensed Layton City business:
(i) Shall be limited to all C and MU zoning districts;
(ii) Shall be limited to the lot for which it is associated;
(iii) Shall be limited to two (2) tents or a max of two hundred fifty (250) square feet; and
(iv) Shall be limited to a maximum of forty-five (45) days per calendar year.
(5) In addition to requirements 1-3, snow shacks shall adhere to the following requirements:
(a) Shall be permitted in all C and MU zoning districts;
(b) Shall not have a footprint larger than sixty (60) square feet including ice storage equipment;
(c) Shall be allowed up to one (1) table and five (5) chairs for the business which shall not count against the permitted dimensions;
(d) Shall be painted and articulated with a theme or features that liken it to a real building (i.e. windows, sills, shingled roofs, etc.) and shall be limited to ten feet (10') in height measured from the ground level to the highest point of the structure;
(e) Detailed drawings or pictures of the snow shack that show colors and materials shall be submitted with the business license application; and
(f) A business license for snow shacks shall be valid from May 1st to September 30th. Business license applications shall be received two (2) weeks prior to May 1st to maintain location priority.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 12-02, Repealed, 1/5/2012
Ord. No. 12-02, Enacted, 1/5/2012
Ord. No. 97-19, Enacted, 4/17/1997
Ord. No. 04-69, Recodified, 12/16/2004