The provisions of this Title, including the requirements for permits, shall not apply to the following signs specified in this Section, nor shall the area of such signs be included in the area of signs permitted for any parcel use:
(1) Directional or instructional signs. Signs which provide direction or instruction and located entirely on the property to which they pertain and do not exceed four (4) square feet in area, such as signs identifying rest rooms, public telephones, walkways, or signs providing direction such as parking lot entrance and exit signs and those of similar nature. Directional signs are to be limited to instruction or direction only and are not to have any form of commercial advertising on them other than a company logo.
(2) Temporary signs as outlined in this Title.
(3) Memorial signs or tablets. Memorial signs or tablets, names of buildings, and dates of building erection when cut into the surface or facade of a building.
(4) Public notices. Official notices posted by public officers or employees in the performance of their duties.
(5) Public necessity signs. Public necessity signs for control of traffic and other regulatory purposes, street signs, danger signs, railroad crossing signs, and signs of public service companies indicating danger and aids to service or safety.
(6) Real estate signs. One real estate sign on any lot or parcel, provided such sign is located entirely within the property to which the sign applies, is not directly illuminated, does not exceed eight (8) square feet in area, and is removed within seven (7) days after the sale, rental, or lease has been accomplished.
(7) Flags. The flags, emblems, or insignias of any nation or political subdivision.
(8) Symbols or insignias. Religious symbols, commemorative plaques of recognized historical agencies, provided that no such symbol, plaque, or identification emblem shall exceed ten (10) square feet in area.
(9) Interior signs. Signs located within the interior of any building or stadium (if said signs are facing towards the interior of the stadium) or within an enclosed lobby or court of any building, and signs for and located within the inner or outer lobby, court of entrance of any theater.
(10) House numbers and name plates. House numbers and name plates not exceeding two (2) square feet in area for each residential building.
(11) Trespassing signs. Trespassing signs in all zoning districts.
(12) Subdivision development signs as set forth in this Title.
(13) Construction signs as set forth in this Title.
(14) Noncommercial residential zone signs as set forth in this Title.
(15) Campaign signs as set forth in this Title.
(16) Temporary noncommercial signs in residential and agricultural zones as set forth in this Title.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 05-29, Amended, 6/2/2005
Ord. No. 05-46, Amended, 11/3/2005