Back To Title List | Chapter List | Section List
5.16.155. Cessation of business
(1) A licensee under this Chapter may not close or cease operation for a period longer than two hundred forty (240) hours, unless written notice is given to the license officer at least seven (7) days before the closing, and the closure or cessation of operation is first approved by the license officer.
(2) In the case of emergency closure, immediate notice of closure shall be made to the license officer by telephone.
(3) The license officer may authorize a closure of cessation of operation for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days. The license officer may extend the initial period an additional thirty (30) days upon written request of the licensee and upon a showing of good cause. A closure or cessation of operation may not exceed a total of ninety (90) days.
(4) Any notice shall include the dates of closure or cessation of operation, the reason for the closure or cessation of operation, and the date on which the licensee will reopen or resume operation.
(5) Failure of the licensee to provide notice and to obtain department authorization prior to closure or cessation of operation shall result in an automatic forfeiture of the license and the forfeiture of the unused portion of the license fee for the remainder of the license year effective immediately.
(6) Failure of the licensee to reopen or resume operation by the approved date shall result in an automatic forfeiture of the license and the forfeiture of the unused portion of the club's license fee for the remainder of the license year.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 97-18, Enacted, 4/17/1997