(1) General standards of conduct. Every licensee under this Chapter shall:
(a) permit all reasonable inspections of their business and examinations of their books by the license officer or a duly authorized representative;
(b) ascertain and at all times comply with all laws and regulations applicable to the licensed business;
(c) avoid all forbidden, improper, or unnecessary practices or conditions which have a harmful effect upon the public health, morals, or welfare;
(d) refrain from operating any licensed business after expiration of the license or during a period when the license is revoked or suspended; and
(e) ensure that the address supplied to the City for purposes of notification is kept current.
(2) Display of license. Every licensee under this Chapter shall:
(a) post and maintain the license upon the licensed premises in a place where it may be seen at all times;
(b) carry the license on his person when he has no licensed business premises;
(c) affix any tag delivered for use in connection with a coin-operated machine upon the outside of the machine or device so that it may be seen at all times;
(d) not allow any license, permit, or tag to remain posted, displayed, or used after the period for which it was issued has expired, or when it has been suspended or revoked or for any other reason has become ineffective and in such event promptly return such inoperative license, special permit, or tag to the license officer;
(e) not sell, loan, give, or assign to any other person or allow any other person to use, display, destroy, damage, remove, or have in another's possession any license or tag which has been issued to the licensee.
(3) New location desired. Any licensee shall have the right to change the location of the licensed business provided he shall give written notice to the license officer.
(4) Keep records. Every licensee shall keep all records and books necessary to the computation of the business fee and to the enforcement of this Chapter. The license officer may make an independent determination as to the financial statement for any business where the licensee has failed to keep books and records as required herein.
(5) Applicable regulations. All persons or entities licensed under this Title shall comply with all federal, state, local, and City laws and regulations applicable thereto.
All licensees under this Title shall ensure that their operation and maintenance thereof, be in compliance with all City ordinances, and regulations promulgated thereunder. This shall include, but not be limited to, signage, landscape maintenance, imposed conditions, etc. Failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations may result in the revocation or suspension of a business license, denial of a business license at the time of renewal or application, or in criminal prosecution under this Title or pursuant to the penalty provisions of the applicable laws and regulations.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 95-54, Amended, 8/17/1995
Ord. No. 97-18, Amended, 4/17/1997
Ord. No. 08-44, Amended, 9/18/2008