For the purpose of these regulations, the following terms, phrases, and words shall have the meaning herein expressed:
(1) "Abate" shall mean to put an end to any condition, which is considered a violation of this Chapter.
(2) "Deleterious" shall mean anything injurious, or with the reasonable potential to become injurious to the health, safety, or welfare of any persons.
(3) "Department" shall mean the Layton City Community and Economic Development Department.
(4) "Director" shall mean the Layton City Community and Economic Development Director or the authorized inspectors thereunder.
(5) "Eradication" shall mean the complete destruction of weeds by chemicals, root removal, or any other method approved by the department.
(6) "Owner" shall mean any person, who alone or joining or severally with others:
(a) Has legal title to any premises, dwelling, or dwelling unit, with or without accompanying actual possession thereof; or
(b) Has charge, care, or control of any premises, dwelling, or dwelling unit, as legal or equitable owner, agent of the owner, lessee, or is an executor, executrix, administrator, administratrix, trustee, or guardian of the estate of the owner.
(7) "Person" shall mean any individual, public or private corporation and its officers, partnership, association, firm, trustee, executor of an estate, the state or its departments, institution, bureau, agency, municipal corporation, county, city, political subdivision, or any legal entity recognized by law.
(8) "Property" shall mean any form of real property, including a habitable structure or any structure that is appurtenant thereto, object, or anything that is visible or tangible. Specifically including, but not limited to, hedges, automobiles, etc.
(9) "Solid waste" shall mean:
(a) Garbage, refuse, trash, rubbish, hazardous waste, dead animals, sludge, liquid or semi-liquid waste, and other spent, useless, worthless, or discarded materials;
(b) Materials stored or accumulated for the purpose of discarding;
(c) Materials that have served their original intended purpose; or
(d) Waste material results from industrial, manufacturing, mining, commercial, agricultural, residential, institutional, recreational, or community activities.
(e) Except it does not include solid or dissolved materials in domestic sewage or in irrigation return flows or discharges for which a permit is required under Chapter 5, Title 19, Utah Code (as amended), or under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act, 33 U.S.C., Section 1251, et seq.
(10) "Structure" shall mean anything constructed or erected which requires location on or below the ground, specifically including, but not limited to, fences, wells, poles, buildings, or sheds.
(11) "Weeds" shall mean:
(a) Vegetation that has become a fire hazard;
(b) Vegetation that is noxious, a nuisance, or dangerous;
(c) Grasses, stubble, brush, tumbleweeds, clippings, and cuttings that endanger the public health and safety by creating a fire hazard; insect, rodent, or other vermin harborage, or other nuisance;
(d) Poison ivy; and
(e) Plants specified as weeds in the Utah Noxious Weed Act, Title 4, Chapter 17, Utah Code (as amended), and its subsequent regulations.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 97-12, Amended, 3/20/1997