The provisions of Section 8.03.010 of this ordinance shall not apply to the following:
(1) Licensed dogs whose owners are non-residents, temporarily (up to thirty (30) days) within the City, provided however, that licensed dogs whose owners remain within the City longer than thirty (30) days may transfer current license from another location upon payment of a transfer fee and proof of current rabies vaccination;
(2) Individual dogs within a properly licensed kennel or other such establishment;
(3) A person sixty (60) years of age or older may, upon proof of age, obtain a dog license for an unsterilized dog or cat at a reduced rate as set from time to time by the County Commission. A person sixty (60) years of age or older may obtain a dog license for a spayed or neutered dog for a one-time fee as established by the County Commission;
(4) "Seeing Eye" dogs properly trained to assist blind persons if such dogs are actually being used by the blind person to assist them in moving from place to place, or "Seeing Eye" dogs registered in a recognized training program;
(5) "Hearing" dogs properly trained to assist deaf persons if such dogs are actually used by deaf persons to aid them in responding to sounds;
(6) Dogs especially trained to assist officials of governmental agencies in the performance of their duties, and which are owned or maintained by such agencies; or
(7) Dogs brought into the City for the purpose of participating in any dog show.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in this Section shall be construed so as to exempt any dog from having a current rabies vaccination every two (2) years.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 98-12, Enacted, 2/5/1998