No person shall discharge any display or special effects fireworks without first obtaining a permit issued by the Fire Department. A separate permit will be required for each public display or special effects event. The fee for a single permit is as set forth in the City's Consolidated Fee Schedule. Application for this permit shall be in writing on the application form "Public Display or Special Effects Fireworks" and shall:
(1) Include the name, address, and telephone number of the person, firm, entity, or corporation applying for the permit;
(2) Describe the specific location of the discharge, display, fallout, and spectator locations;
(3) Include evidence of commercial general liability insurance in an amount not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00) per occurrence and Two Million Dollars ($2,000,000.00) aggregate;
(4) Describe a plan for monitoring weather conditions, crowd control, and contingency plans for adverse or changing conditions; and
(5) Include any additional information reasonably required by the City.
The above information shall be submitted to the Fire Department at least fourteen (14) days prior to the planned discharge of display or special effects fireworks. Governmental subdivisions and governmental entities are exempt from the permit fee requirements of this Section, however, the application must be timely submitted and the proper permit obtained prior to the planned discharge of display or special effects fireworks.
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 03-37, Enacted, 9/4/2003