(1) It shall be unlawful to discharge fireworks:
(a) Within one hundred fifty feet (150') of any place where fireworks are sold or offered for sale;
(b) Within three hundred feet (300') of any church, hospital, rest home, retirement center, school building, or similar institution;
(c) In such a manner that the fireworks project over or onto the property of another person without the consent of the person owning or controlling such property; or
(d) In any public park except when a specific park is designated on a season by season basis by the Fire Chief and the Parks and Recreation Director as a location authorized for the discharge of fireworks.
(2) It shall be unlawful to ignite, discharge, or throw any fireworks from or into any motor vehicle or at or near any person.
(3) It shall be unlawful to make, sell, or offer to sell or to discharge any type of homemade fireworks.
(4) It shall be unlawful to sell or to offer to sell fireworks:
(a) Without a permit;
(b) In violation of any requirement of this Chapter or any regulations adopted by the Utah State Fire Prevention Board;
(c) At a location not specified in the permit application;
(d) Without the insurance coverage required in the permit application; or
(e) In violation of Section 9.64.100.
(5) Except as provided in Section 9.64.060, it shall be unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to at any time own, possess, control, sell or offer to sell any fireworks other than as set forth in Section 53-7-222 of the Utah Code (as amended).
Ord. No.97-35, Recodified, 6/19/1997
Ord. No. 03-37, Amended, 9/4/2003
Ord. No. 13-21, Amended, 6/20/2013