(1) It is unlawful for any person, corporation, or other entity, to manufacture, distribute, dispense, ingest, use, possess, purchase, sell, advertise for sale, publicly display for sale, give, trade, or barter, any one or more of the following chemical compounds and/or substances, including their salts, isomers, homologues, and salts of their isomers and homologues (known by the current street names of Spice, Spice Gold, Spice Diamond, Spice Silver, Spice Arctic Energy, Black Mamba, K-Z, Puff, Sugar Sticks, and other similar names):
(a) Salvia Divinorum or Salvinorum A: all parts of the plant presently classified botanically as Salvia Divinorum, whether growing or not, the seeds thereof, any extract from any part of such plant, and every compound, manufacture, salts derivative, mixture or preparation of such plant, its seeds or extracts;
(b) pentyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (also known as JWH-018).
(c) (6ar, 10ar)-9-(hydroxymethyl)-6, 6-dimethyl-3-(2-methyloctan-2-yl)-6a, 7, 10, 10a-tetrahydrobenzo[c] chromen-1-ol (also known as HU-210 or 1, 1-dimethylheptyl-11-hydroxy-delta8-tetrahydrocannabinol);
(d) 2-(3-hydroxycyclohexyl)-5-(2-methyloctan-2-yl) phenol (also known as CP-47, 497), and the dimethylhexyl, dimethyloctyl and dimethylnonyl homologues of CP-47, 497;
(e) 1-Butyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (also known as JWH-073);
(f) 1-(2-(4-(morpholinyl)ethyl))-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (also known as JWH-200);
(g) (1-Pentyl-3-(2-methoxyphenylacetyl)indole (also known as JWH-250);
(h) 1-Hexyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (also known as JWH-019 or JWH-015);
(i) 1-Pentyl-3-(4-chloro-1-naphthoyl)indole (also known as JWH-398);
(j) N-benzylpiperazine (also known as BZP);
(k) 1-(3-trifluoromethylphenyl) piperazine (also known as TFMPP);
(l) Any similar structural analogs of the above chemical compounds; or
(m) Any other synthetic cannabinoids that activate the cannabinoid, CB1, receptor agonist.
(2) It is unlawful for any person, corporation, or other entity, to possess paraphernalia associated with chemical compounds listed in this Section. For purposes of this Section "paraphernalia" shall mean any equipment, product, or material used, or intended to be used, to manufacture, compound, convert, produce, process, prepare, test, analyze, package, repackage, store, contain, conceal, inject, ingest, inhale, transdermal absorption, or to otherwise introduce a chemical compound listed in this Section into the human body.
(3) The aforementioned intoxicating chemical compounds and associated paraphernalia are contraband and are to be confiscated by law enforcement officials.
(4) This Section shall not apply to drugs or substances lawfully prescribed or to drugs or substances which have been approved by the federal Food and Drug Administration or which are specifically permitted by Utah law.
(5) A violation of this Section is a class B misdemeanor and is punishable as such.
Ord. No. 10-21, Enacted, 10/7/2010