The Babysitter’s Training Course is designed for youth between 9 – 15 years old. Classes are taught by professional trainers from the McKay Dee Hospital Community Health Information Center and follow the McKay Dee Hospital babysitting class curriculum. The foundation of the class is to teach the students basic babysitting skills which give students the confidence they need to make smart decisions and stay safe in any babysitting situation. The class will include:
- Ideas of items to put in your babysitting bag
- Fun and safe activities to do while babysitting
- Injury prevention
- Education on how to help an infant and child if they are choking
- Health issues such as the importance of hand washing and dealing with medicine while babysitting
- Safety issues such as bathing a child while babysitting
Students will receive a take-home babysitting bag which includes reference materials from class for future use.
The Babysitting Training Class consists of one two-hour class session. Classes are taught in the Layton City Parks and Recreation Downstairs Training Room. The cost to attend class is $40.00. To get the most out of the class, each student is asked to bring a doll with them to class to be used for practicing and demonstrating.
To download a flyer, click here.