View Current News Articles
Track & Field Instructors Needed
The Layton City Parks and Recreation Department is seeking reliable individuals to fill vacant instructor positions for the youth Track and Field program. Layton City Track and Field serves youth from 7 – 15 years of age and participates in the Utah Recreation and Parks Association State Track Meet. Practices are held on weekday evenings from 5:30pm to 8:00pm with some weekend commitments required for track meets and other track events. The track season runs April through the end of June. Running experience at a minimum of high school varsity level is required. Prior teaching and coaching experience is preferred. Instructors must be able to demonstrate the following essential duties and job responsibilities:
- Coaches athletes in track and field activities.
- Instructs athletes on proper track and field form and techniques.
- Observes athletes to detect and correct mistakes, and provides feedback on performance.
- Assists in coordinating track and field competitive events.
- Responds to and resolves difficult and/or sensitive citizen and parents inquiries and complaints.
This is a volunteer or part-time Recreation Instructor position through the Layton City Parks and Recreation Department. For those interested in the Recreation Instructor position, pay rate is based on level of experience and qualifications. Selected individuals may also be considered for the youth Cross Country program. If interested in this position please submit a resume to the Layton City Recreation office in person, by mail, fax, or email. For questions please call Michele McMillan, Recreation Events Coordinator, 801-336-3921.
Layton City Parks and Recreation Department
465 North Wasatch Drive
Layton, Utah 84041