Liberty Days Celebration
Liberty Days Timeline
Hometown Hero Nomination
Join Layton City for the annual Layton City Liberty Days July 4th celebration. Bring the family and enjoy a full day of food, fun, entertainment, and fireworks.
Parade seating is not allowed more than 48 hours before July 4th. Any items placed on the lawn prior to July 2nd, may be removed.
When placing personal items and belongings on the lawn please be aware of the following:
- TARPS ARE NOT ALLOWED - Any tarps placed on the lawn will be removed, as they damage the grass.
- The sprinklers will run during the evenings. Belongings may get wet.
- Blankets, stakes/ropes, chairs, etc. on the lawn may be moved for park maintenance needs.
- Do not use stakes or anchoring systems longer than six inches.
- Layton City is not responsible for unattended items left in the park.
For the safety of parade entries, parade staff, and parade spectators the parade seating/viewing area is defined as the area from the curb to the sidewalk (curb and park strip area). Parade spectators must keep sidewalks clear and unobstructed prior to, during, and after the parade. Parade spectators are NOT ALLOWED on the roadway, and must remain on or behind the curb at all times.
Personal fireworks are NOT allowed in the park. (Personal fireworks may include, but are not limited to: sparklers, snap-pops, fountains, ground spinners, firecrackers, etc.)
Liberty Days Parade
Layton City Liberty Days Parade is a celebration of independence and patriotism. Submitting a parade entry application does not guarantee acceptance into the parade. All parade applications will be evaluated by the Liberty Days Parade Committee, and applicants will be notified of their status no later than two weeks prior to the event date. Number of parade entries is limited. Applications fitting the parade theme, and providing the greatest community benefit will take priority for approval status.
- Parade applicants must read, and agree to all parade entry rules and requirements at the time of application.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Parade Safety Monitor names (4 adults) are required to submit the application. (More details can be found in the Parade Entry Rules & Requirements)
- The parade application fee is a processing fee, and is non-refundable.
- The Layton City Liberty Days Parade is a celebration of independence and patriotism. Applying entities must be wholly consistent with the theme and appropriate for a family audience.
- The Liberty Days Parade is limited to 40-50 parade entries.
- All on-time applications will be reviewed by the Parade Committee. Applications received after the deadline may not be reviewed for entry and the application fee is non-refundable.
- Applicants creating floats, marching bands, or other applicants may be approved by committee, prior to the application period closing, to allow time to create entry.
- Applicants will be notified of their parade entry status no later than 2 weeks prior to the event.
Kids Bike Parade
Liberty Days Booth
Parks and Recreation
465 N Wasatch Dr
Layton, UT 84041