View Current News Articles
Tennis Instructor Needed
The Layton City Parks and Recreation Department is seeking qualified individuals to conduct instructional tennis lessons for the 2018 season. Lessons will be scheduled based on availability of instructor and facility. Morning and evening classes are needed. Lessons are for beginner and intermediate level tennis players ranging in age from 5 years old up to adults. Experience playing at the high school varsity level, at a minimum, is required. Advanced knowledge of tennis skills, rules, and strategies is also required. Teaching or coaching experience is preferred. Instructors’ duties include:
- Creates a skill-building curriculum for all levels of classes.
- Coaches athletes in tennis techniques, rules, and strategies.
- Instructs athletes on proper tennis form and techniques.
- Provides feedback on performance.
- Facilitate improvement of all players.
- Responds to and resolves difficult and/or sensitive citizen and parents inquiries and complaints.
This is part-time Recreation Instructor position through the Layton City Parks and Recreation Department. Pay rate is based on level of experience and qualifications. If interested in this position please submit a resume to the Layton City Recreation office in person, by mail, fax, or email. For questions please call Michele McMillan, Recreation Events Coordinator, 801-336-3921.
Layton City Parks and Recreation Department
465 North Wasatch Drive
Layton, Utah 84041