View Archived News Articles
Babysitter Training Course Offered
The Babysitter’s Training Course is designed for youth between 11 and 15 years old.
Classes follow the American Red Cross Babysitter’s Training Program and are taught by an American Red Cross certified instructor. The foundation of the class is to give students the confidence and skills they need to make smart decisions and stay safe in any babysitting situation.
Class emphasis is on training the students how to:
• Supervise children and infants
• Perform basic child-care skills such as diapering and feeding
• Choose safe, age-appropriate games and toys
• Handle bedtime and discipline issues
• Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries
• Care for common injuries and emergencies such as choking, burns, cuts and bee stings
• Communicate effectively with parents
• Find and interview for babysitting jobs
There will be two upcoming Babysitter Training Courses: Session 1 on January 4 and 6 or Session 2 on February 1 and 3.
Classes will be taught at the Parks and Recreation Department from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. each night. Cost for classes is $40 and includes all booklets and all take home materials.
For more information on programs offered by Layton City Parks and Recreation call (801) 336-3900.