View Archived News Articles
Woman Arrested in Clearfield has Multiple Felony Charges in Layton
Clearfield Police located Bethany A. Campbell yesterday after an extensive investigation. Clearfield and Layton detectives have been working together for several months trying to identify Campbell and the vehicle she has been driving. Detectives suspect she is the person responsible for numerous purse thefts in local clinics. Detectives also believe that Campbell would use the stolen credit cards, checks, and identification for her own gain.
Following Campbell’s arrest yesterday, Layton detectives were able to add all of their charges when she was booked into the Davis County Jail. Layton detectives booked her on the following charges:
- 13 counts of Credit Card Fraud (3rd degree felonies)
- 1 count of Forgery (3rd degree felony)
- 1 count of Possession of Another’s Identification (Class A misdemeanor)
- 1 count of Providing False Information to a Police officer (Class A misdemeanor)
- 1 count of Theft (Class B misdemeanor)
Layton detectives are hoping this arrest will help them close about 18 cases that they have been working for several months.