Layton City Election
2019 Layton Municipal Election
Layton City will be conducting elections in 2019 for the offices of Mayor and three (3) City Council seats. The seats are "at-large," meaning they are open to candidates city-wide. The Mayor's position will be a two-year term. The City Council positions will each have a four-year term. Interested residents of Layton City may become candidates by filing a Declaration of Candidacy in the City Recorder's Office from June 3, 2019 through June 7, 2019, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. A $25 filing fee is required to file.
Candidates who file for municipal office are required to:
- Be a United States citizen at the time of filing.
- Be a registered voter of Layton City.
- Be a resident of Layton City for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of the election.
Election and polling information can be obtained at:
- the City’s website at www.laytoncity.org; or,
- by calling the Recorder’s Office at (801) 336-3810.
Dated this 18th day of April, 2019.
/s/Kimberly S Read