Public Works Engineering

HomePublic Works Engineering • Secondary Water

Secondary Water System

Secondary water is used in many areas of Layton City for outdoor irrigation purposes. Three companies provide secondary water to portions of Layton City as shown on the following map.

Layton City (formerly Kays Creek Irrigation) Service Area

Effective as of January 31, 2022 and pursuant to the Pressurized Irrigation System Transfer and Shareholder Agreement between Layton City and Kays Creek Irrigation Company, Layton City will provide operational maintenance, and billing services for the Kays Creek Irrigation pressurized secondary water system. Kays Creek pressurized customers are now Layton City customers. Areas shaded in green on the following map represent the Layton City Kays Creek service area. To report a pressure problem or leak within this service area, call Layton City Public Works (801) 336-3720.

Weber Basin Secondary Water Service Area News

Beginning in the Spring 2017, Layton City will provide operational and maintenance support for Weber Basin Water Conservancy’s secondary water system within Layton City boundaries. That means Layton City crews will be repairing leaks and responding to pressure problems on Weber Basin’s secondary pipe system.

To determine if your home or business is within Weber Basin’s secondary water service area, refer to the following map ( Areas shaded in blue represent the Weber Basin secondary water service area. (Areas in green and red represent other secondary water companies that service parts of Layton City.) To report a pressure problem or leak within Weber Basin’s service area, please call Layton City Public Works Shop at (801) 336-3720 or you can submit and online form below.

Secondary Water FAQ

Which company provides secondary water to my home?

Click to view the secondary water map

Areas shaded on the map represent the following three secondary water service areas within Layton City:

  • Blue = Weber Basin
  • Green = Layton City (formerly Kays Creek Irrigation)
  • Red = Davis and Weber Counties Canal Company
I would like to report a leak or pressure problem on my secondary system. Who do I contact?

It depends on which secondary water company is in your area. First, check the secondary water service area map and determine the provider.  Then contact the appropriate company as listed below:

  • Weber Basin secondary service area -- contact Layton City Public Works Shop at (801) 336-3720 or submit an online leak or problem
  • Layton City (formerly Kays Creek Irrigation service area -- contact Layton City Public Works at (801) 336-3720
  • Davis and Weber Counties Canal Company service area – call Davis and Weber Counties Canal Company at (801) 774-6373
Why does my secondary water system have low pressure?

Most secondary water systems have filters that need to be cleaned periodically by the home or business owner.  Check that your filter is cleaned regularly.  Also refer to the following guidance from Weber Basin’s website:

My secondary water system is leaking in my yard. Who is responsible for fixing it?

Refer to the following info from Weber Basin’s website to determine typical ownership.

Can I connect to the secondary water system in my area?

Please contact the secondary water company directly to discuss connection opportunities.  Check that your location is within a secondary water service area by using the following map.

When will the secondary water system be turned on?

To be announced

When will the secondary water be turned off?

To be announced

Comment • Leak • Problem

You can leave anonymous comments by not including your name, email, or personally identifiable information.

If you would like to be contacted, please provide your contact information as well as checking the checkbox indicating that you are requesting a response.

I would like a response from someone at the city: Yes No
I would prefer to be contacted by phone: Yes No
NOTE: The feedback is checked during normal business hours. All concerns and comments are reviewed by the Public Works Staff. Every effort will be made by department staff to respond to your comments in a timely manner.
Use of this system to post advertisements is expressly forbidden. If your feedback contains any links to websites your feedback will not be accepted.


Public Works Shop
1925 N Fort Ln
Layton, UT 84041

(801) 336-3720

Engineering Division
437 N Wasatch Dr
Layton, UT 84041

(801) 336-3700